RAW Impact Chrisy Retreat

     I have learned something about Troy and Nic Roberts, the founders and directors of RAW Impact. They LOVE a good mystery destination. The tradition for our Christmas retreat is to simply tell us the dates that we will be gone. After that you can't trust anything they say! Troy will toss out false leads as to where we are going for weeks leading up to the trip. He'll say, "Bring hiking boots, take containers for fresh water, bring your snorkel and flippers." There is no way to know exactly where we will end up! Ideas about where our destination is fly all around the office. I always suspect it will be beach related simply because the Aussies miss the beach and are pulled to it like a puppy is pulled to a squeak toy. Even once we have all boarded the bus in Phnom Penh we don't know where we are going as Troy gives crazy directions taking us in all sorts of directions.

    I must admit it is exciting and fun to not know exactly where we will end up! It's like a Christmas present! I know it will be fun simply because we are all together, hanging out. 

    This year we went to Ko Rong island right outside of Sihanoukville. We had a blast! It was nice to get out of the city and enjoy nature. I didn't need to wear shoes the entire time we were on the beach! I also just let the sea take care of my hair for me, with both good and bad results. Ha! 

   Highlights:
  • White sand and BLUE/GREEN ocean
  • Swimming with glowing plankton at night!!!
  • Team sandcastle challange
  • White Elephant Christmas game
  • Hanging out in nature!














I have no idea where we will go next year but I'm excited that I'm still planning on being here in Cambodia! If you would like to help me stay here and still be able to pay off my student loans donate here or message me and I can give you the info to donate so I get 100% of the donation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.